I do have a few resolutions this year and not all of the them are fitness related. I have them listed below, with a short description of each. I will keep updating this post and reposting as the year progresses. I really would like to keep up with this and actually complete all of my resolutions.
1. Run a marathon. Currently I am choosing between a race in November or December. I haven’t completely decided which of those two races I want to run, but I will be posting as soon as I register.
2. Finish a half marathon in under 2:30. This may seem like an outrageous time drop from my previous two half marathons. It is, but with how I am currently running, I think it is completely possible. I will be aiming for this time on April 28, 2013 in Washington, DC as I run the inaugural race for the Nike Womens Half Marathon. I am extremely excited for this race. Literally counting down the miles till I get to run it.
3. Run a 5K in under 30 minutes. My most recent 5k time is 34:23 on December 29, 2012. This was a hilly (in Florida, any kind of incline is hilly) course and rough to run. I was feeling extremely accomplished with that time so I can only hope to shave off 4 and a half minutes on a flat course.
4. Learn to swim laps. I can swim enough to keep myself afloat and get from point A to B, but thats about as far as it goes. Anything more than that is a struggle.
5. Pay off my student loan by the end of October. Currently on track for this. Should be no problem.